When it comes to selling more to your customers, your first step is to understand more about their experience with your brand. A touchpoint is every point of interaction between the customer and your brand (such as your website, brochure, chatbot, or business card). Analyzing how your customers interact with your brand will help you understand how happy they are with your services. Here is our guide to analyzing customer touchpoints on four parameters:
- Timeline between encounter and purchase
How long did the customer take between browsing your product in the store or online (the awareness/consideration stage) and the buying or deciding stage? Identifying the timeline will help you understand the following:
- Which touchpoint did they interact with?
- Was their touchpoint convincing?
- Was the decision influenced by other factors? (such as the people around them?)
- What about the touchpoint convinced them to buy?
2. Customer motivation
According to marketing experts, customers are motivated by any one of the following factors:
- Immediate hunger and thirst
Understanding why the customer bought or browsed your product will help you know which way to approach them when you want to pitch a new product to them or encourage repeat sales.
3. Communication channels How did the customer communicate with you? Did they call you directly or try to approach you through your website? Did they directly message on social media? Knowing how they want to speak to you is key information, because it indicates that they are approachable on this channel. You can analyse which touchpoint works best with them and only speak to them on that channel so as not to waste time.
4. Each step effectiveness Go back to your buyer journey from the beginning and analyse where the customer stopped. See how effective each step was to impress them and lead them into a sale from mere consideration. Analyzing this information tells you if you can keep the whole process or change it based on their needs and whether it is working or not.
Once you look into customer touchpoints, you understand how to alter your marketing or sales funnel to drive more sales. You also understand valuable information about why customers choose to interact with and purchase your brand. Use this information to increase brand loyalty. The Bumblebee Branding Company in Chennai, India, can increase your understanding through a detailed customer touchpoint analysis.